The Family Tree - Intergenerational planning
Over the last 10 to 15 years, we've seen a period of asset generation; from strong investment performance, growing property portfolios to first time buyers utilising help to buy schemes.
As we now enter a period of asset preservation, how can financial advisers support clients to retain their financial resilience and ability to pass wealth onto future generations?
CPD learning outcomes - 60 minutes
- Have a better understanding of the intergenerational wealth planning opportunity.
- Be more confident explaining the role protection advice will play in helping your intergenerational planning with clients.
- Be able to describe some of the main protection planning opportunities available to clients at different life stages.
- Understand how pension contributions can help save IHT and income tax as well as boost retirement savings for the younger generations.
- IHT benefits of pensions
- Third party contributions
- Paying contributions for grandchildren
- Child benefit tax charge and third party contributions
- IHT planning using protection
- Gift inter vivos
- Protecting the family tree
- Additional planning
CPD certificate of completion
Once you've watched the webinar, simply complete the short quiz below and give us a few details in order to receive a CPD certificate of completion.
Check your knowledge
To gain your CPD certificate answer the following questions.