Tax relief and the annual allowance
Jim Grant and Caroline Kellas dig deeper into the technicalities of tax relief and the annual allowance in our webinar master-class.
This webinar was recorded on 17 June 2022 and figures are based on the 2022/23 tax year.
CPD learning outcomes
- Understand the rules on tax relief and how much is available
- Understand the relationship between the annual allowance and tax relief
- Understand what triggers the money purchase annual allowance
- Understand how to calculate the annual allowance when the taper applies
- Understand how to calculate unused annual allowance using carry forward.
- Tax relief on contributions with examples
- What will and won't trigger the money purchase annual allowance
- Definitions of threshold income and adjusted income with examples
- Carry forward - where it can go wrong.
CPD certificate of completion
Once you've watched the webinar, simply complete the short quiz below and give us a few details in order to receive a CPD certificate of completion. It will open in a new browser ready to be saved as a PDF.