Skin cancer (not including melanoma)
Here you'll find our current definition of the critical illness, additional condition or child specific condition we cover. We've also listed any previous definitions we may have had. With each new definition we've highlighted what's changed from the previous definition.
October 2016 (ACC)
Skin cancer (not including melanoma) – advanced stage as specified
Non-melanoma skin cancer diagnosed with histological confirmation that the tumour is larger than 2 centimetres (cm) across and has at least one of the following features:
- tumour thickness of at least 4 millimetres (mm);
- invasion into subcutaneous tissue (Clark level V);
- invasion into nerves in the skin (perineural invasion);
- poorly differentiated or undifferentiated (cells are very abnormal as demonstrated when seen under a microscope); or
- has recurred at the site of previous treatment.
No previous entries
No previous entries for this condition