Here you will find articles and useful links to information on the Job Retention Scheme, how this affects pensions schemes and other useful information.
- Job retention scheme
A scheme open to employers who have furloughed any of their staff due to coronavirus (COVID-19). Employers can claim up to 80% of their employee’s wages plus any employer National Insurance and pension contributions. The scheme is to run from March to October, however there will be changes to the scheme from August.
- Frequently asked questions
These cover – general questions about what employers need to consider and the Government’s Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme.
- COVID-19 and pension contributions
The existence of the grant available under the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme does not change an employer’s usual pension contribution payment obligations or processes. This article looks at existing salary sacrifice agreements and employer consultation if an employer would like to make a change existing pension provision.
- Salary Sacrifice and the Job Retention Scheme example
Within this example, we’ve bought to life the some of the issues being identified when the Job Retention Scheme (JRS) is introduced on a workplace pension scheme that’s set up on a salary exchange basis.
- Coronavirus scams - how to spot and avoid them
There’s been a worrying increase in the number of scams since the Coronavirus pandemic. Read our tips on how to help your clients spot and avoid scams. We’ve also created a version for you to share with your clients.
- Royal London Adviser COVID-19 Hub
We’re committed to doing everything we can to support you and your clients through these difficult and challenging times.
- Helping your workplace clients stay on top of their employer duties
Both the Government and TPR have confirmed that automatic enrolment legislation will stay as it is during the current crisis. So we’ve pulled together some steps to help your workplace clients stay on top of their employer duties.
- Automatic enrolment and DC pension contributions: COVID-19 guidance for employers Latest information on the impact of COVID19 on automatic enrolment. Contains key information for employers, including why to continue with their automatic enrolment duties. It Also includes significant other rules such as consultation requirements, salary sacrifice and what employers should do if they’re struggling to pay.
- DC pension contributions: COVID-19 technical guidance for large employers
Details technical guidance about how salary sacrifice, certification and the JRS works. It contains information on salary sacrifice and certification, along with different examples of salary sacrifice. It also provides new information on certification issues and examples.
- Avoid pension scams
Savers might increasingly look to transfer their pension, prompted by the instability of their employer or the financial markets. Some guidance on how to avoid being scammed.
HM Revenue and Customs
- Coronavirus information hub
Here you can find information relating to COVID-19, including advice, guidance, and common questions relating to insurance and long-term savings products.
The information provided is based on our current understanding of the relevant legislation and regulations and may be subject to alteration as a result of changes in legislation or practice. Also it may not reflect the options available under a specific product which may not be as wide as legislations and regulations allow.
All references to taxation are based on our understanding of current taxation law and practice and may be affected by future changes in legislation and the individual circumstances of the investor.