Pension switching: to switch or not to switch - that is the question
Craig looks at the main regulatory concerns with pension switching and how advisers can overcome these.
He also looks at what the regulator considers to be suitable reasons for a client to switch, what advisers need to consider with the ceding scheme, what research they expect advisers to carry out and where they can easily access the information, and what advisers need to include in a suitability report.
CPD learning outcomes - 75 minutes
- Document their advice process in line with the regulator requirements
- Identify the relevant risk factors associated with pension switching
- Demonstrate suitability when recommending a switch.
- What the regulator considers to be suitable reasons for a client to switch
- What you need to consider with the ceding scheme
- What research the regulator expect advisers to carry out and where you can easily access the information
- What needs to be included in a suitability report.
CPD certificate of completion
Once you've watched the webinar, simply complete the short quiz below and give us a few details in order to receive a CPD certificate of completion.
Check your knowledge
To gain your CPD certificate answer the following questions.