Death benefits – Facts and planning
The changes to death benefits have had a fundamental impact on advisers, their clients and also the beneficiaries of clients.
However, there has also been an impact on their professional connections especially solicitors who are involved in estate planning.
CPD learning outcomes - 60 minutes
- The difference between legislation and scheme rules
- Taxation of defined contribution scheme death benefits
- IHT, the potential impact and the Staveley case
- An overview of risks and opportunities related to Public sector death benefits.
- The law and some of the areas which are causing problems for advisers
- Where advisers can add value to their professional connections by explaining areas where pension legislation may interact with other areas of the law.
CPD certificate of completion
Once you've watched the webinar, simply complete the short quiz below and give us a few details in order to receive a CPD certificate of completion.
Check your knowledge
To gain your CPD certificate answer the following questions.