Defined benefit advice assessment tool (DBAAT) - examples of unsuitability
This webinar is the second in our two-part series and focuses on the defined benefit advice assessment tool (DBAAT) - the tool the FCA uses to assess suitability of pension transfer advice.
If you haven’t already, we recommend watching – ‘Gathering information for pension transfer advice’ – before watching this webinar.
CPD learning outcomes - 60 minutes
- Identify common shortcomings in investment advice related to pension transfers
- Identify common shortcomings in assessing suitability for a pension transfer
- Describe the sources of additional guidance available when advising on pension transfers.
- Justin Corliss and Clare Moffat, from the Intermediary Development and Technical team, cross reference the DBAAT questions with the guidance found in the DBAAT instruction manual and FG21/3
- Throughout this presentation we consider each of the examples of unsuitability listed in the DBAAT, to gain an understanding of why the regulator deemed these unsuitable, and direct delegates to further information contained in the supporting documents.
CPD certificate of completion
Once you've watched the webinar, simply complete the short quiz below and give us a few details in order to receive a CPD certificate of completion. It will open in a new browser ready to be saved as a PDF.