Details of our Diabetes Life Cover
Your client or their family can make a claim when the person covered dies or meets our definition of a terminal illness.
- Basis – single life only
- Premiums – Capped reviewable premiums which can change each year but will never go above the starting amount. The amount it may change by depends on your client’s HbA1c blood test result when their plan starts and their yearly HbA1c blood test results. If their HbA1c blood test result changes, their premium could change. This means that if their latest HbA1c blood test result goes down, their premium could go down. If their result subsequently goes up, their premium could go up, but it will never go above their original starting amount.
- Payout – lump sum only
- Type of cover – level cover only
- Term – minimum one year , maximum 72 years
- Age when cover starts – minimum 18 attained, maximum 88 attained
- Age when cover ends – maximum 89 attained
- Amount - £1,000,000 (this includes multiple applications made by the same customer for this product)
We won't pay a claim if:
- The claim is for death and is the result of intentional self-inflicted injury within 12 months of the date the cover started
- The claim is for a terminal illness and the person covered doesn’t meet the definition of terminal illness defined in our plan details; or
- It’s the result of an exclusion shown on the cover summary.
Terms and conditions
For full terms and conditions see our plan details